- 1 piece fresh duck liver
- Flaky salt
- 200 ml. balsamic vinegar
- 50 g. sugar
- 200 g. softened butter
- 75g milk
- 15 g. baking powder
- 250 g. honey
- 150 g. sugar
- 175 g. flour
- 6 egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- Curry, cloves, anise seeds, pink pepper
- Heat sugar and vinegar in a saucepan. Reduce to half and cool.
- For the bread, infuse the milk, honey and spices for 10 minutes. Strain and let sit.
- Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Soften the butter and add to the previous mixture.
- Beat the egg yolks and gradually fold them in.
- Once mixed add the cold infusion removing continuously. Beat in the egg-whites and mix using a rubber spatula.
- Pour in a shallow mold and bake at 140C oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- Cut the liver into medallions on inch wide and sear each side quickly. Sprinkle with flaky salt.
While making this dish, the unfolding can become somewhat difficult. To do this, line the pan with greaseproof paper..