- 500g Chicken fillets thinly sliced and roughly cubed
- 1 large broccoli cut into small florets
- 4 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 small fresh green or red chili (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of teriyaki sauce
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seed oil or sunflower oil
- Marinate the chicken with the chili in a bowl with the tablespoon of teriyaki sauce, 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce and 1 teaspoon of soya sauce.
- Steam the broccoli until it has just cooked and is still crunchy. Set aside the water and run the broccoli under cold tap water (this will stop it from cooking and keep the color nice and green).
- Heat up the oil in a large frying pan (or a wok ) when it’s really hot add the garlic fry for a few minutes, stirring (don’t let it burn) then add the chicken, stirring it around the pan making sure both sides cook, add a little broccoli water then when the chicken has cooked add the broccoli and the 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, all the time stirring well taste and add some soy sauce if needed, then put a lid over the dish and cook until the broccoli has heated through (this does not take long). Serve with basmati rice or noodles.
Instead of broccoli you can use cabbage