- 1 kg. leg of beef
- 2 minced onions
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of saffron
- 4 cloves garlic
- 250 gr. pitted prunes
- 100 grams of peeled toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water
- Brown the meat over a low heat. Add the minced onion, a pinch of salt, the spices and the crushed garlic. Stir occasionally until onions are cooked through. Add a liter of water.
- Cover and simmer for half an hour or until meat is tender.
- Boil the prunes in hot water.
- Drain and place in a saucepan with sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon and orange blossom water.
- Stir over a low heat until you have a creamy sauce. Brown the almonds in hot oil.
- Serve the meat on a large serving dish.
- Coover with the prune sauce and sprinkle with almonds.
If your spices are not to fresh heat them up before you use them