- An entrecote steak of 400 gr.
- 200 gr. sushi rice
- 25 gr. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- First, prepare the rice, by rinsing it under cold running water. Cook in boiling water, with twice as much water as the rice. You can flavor the rice with a piece of seaweed or a piece of ginger and a pinch of salt. Simmer over a medium heat until the rice absorbs all the water and allow to stand for a few minutes. You can serve the rice hot or cold: if serving cold, add a few drops of rice vinegar and a dash of wasabi.
- Accompany the rice with beef sashimi. Fry the beef in a frying pan with a little sesame oil, on both sides for a couple of minutes. Then add to a bowl with plenty of ice water to prevent the meat from cooking under its own heat. Serve with toasted sesame seeds.