- 250 gr. beans (soaked overnight)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- A pinch of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley and coriander
- Soak beans overnight. Cook in a pot of boiling salted water, drain and set aside.
- Saute the chopped onion, tomato, garlic, spices and tomato – paste diluted in a little water – with a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan
- Add the beans and cover with warm or hot water.
- Add the parsley and and coriander.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer until the lentils are fully cooked.
- Serve hot.