- 120 gr. of dates
- 120 gr. organic dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 50 gr. organic soy margarine
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 60 gr. ground almonds
- Poppy seeds
- Blend the dates, apricots, orange zest, cinnamon and orange blossom water until you have a smooth paste. Reserve.
- Melt the soy margarine over a bain marie.
- Spread a sheet of filo pastry out over a work top and brush the entire surface well with a little melted margarine. Cover with another sheet of pastry so they overlap perfectly. Brush this sheet and cover with another. Now, cut out rectangles of 15 x 12cm.
- Take a little of the ground date mixture, and work into 15 cm-long rolls. Sprinkle with ground almonds and place at the edge of a pastry rectangle. Roll up.
- Repeat with the remaining rectangles.
- Once you’ve filled all your rolls, place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper, brush with the remaining melted margarine and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Heat oven to 180º C and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.