- 8 eggs
- 100 gr. sugar
- 100 gr. chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 30 gr. butter
- 200 gr. flour
- 10 gr. baking soda
- Lemon zest
- Chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate with butter over a bain marie and reserve.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs with sugar and lemon zest. Then add the sieved flour and baking soda. Mix half of the egg mixture with the melted chocolate.
- Grease a bread pan with butter and flour and pour in both mixtures, alternating a layer of chocolate color with a layer of egg color. Add in some raisins and chocolate.
- Bake at 180 º for about 35-40 minutes until the cake is baked through. Insert a knife or knitting needle into the center of the cake. If the implement comes out clean (ie with no cake mixture adhering to it), the cake is baked.
Keep it simple by merely adding two tablespoons of cocoa powder to half of the cake mixture.Muscatel or Port