- 4 raw beets
- 1 small white truffle
- 35 gr. lime juice
- 70 gr. fructose syrup (50 gr. water +50 gr. fructose + rosemary)
- 150gr. olive oil
For the crusty bread
- 180 gr. non refined cooking salt
- 400 gr. organic flour
- 250 gr. water
- Aromatic herbs (thyme, Rosemary, sage, aniseed etc.)
- Mix the salt, flour, water and aromatic herbs in a bowl and knead it.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin to about 0.5 cm deep .Then wrap each of the peeled
- beets with the dough and cook for 1h 30 in the oven at 160 degrees.
- In a saucepan mix the fructose and Rosemary with water and reduce until it thickens into
- syrup. Allow to cool.
- Mix the lime juice with the syrup in a jug, and then gradually, with the help of a blender
- add the olive oil to create a creamy texture. Set aside
Assembling the dish
- Remove the bread crust from the caramelized beets then cut into wedges or slices, serve
- with the sweet-and-sour vinaigrette and sliced truffle. Enjoy……