- 3 large potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 4-5 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 200 gr. seasonal mushrooms
- 6 slices of cheese
- 1 bunch chives
- Olive oil and salt
- First of all, prepare a traditional tortilla (See Spanish omelette recipe). Peel and chop the onion and potato into small similar-sized cubes.
- In a frying pan with plenty of hot olive oil, saute the onion and potatoes until cooked through and slightly brown. Remove from pan and strain to remove excess oil.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the sautéed potatoes and onions, a pinch of salt and mix well.
- In a very hot frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil, fry the omelette mix for 1 minute. With the help of a plate or pot lid, flip the omelette and cook the other side for another minute. Place on a serving dish.
- While the tortilla is still hot, place the slices of cheese on top and allow to melt.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan sauté the garlic cloves and mushrooms (thoroughly cleaned) with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve atop the tortilla once they are golden brown. Slice the tortilla and serve on crusty bread.
You can also add a few thin slices of cured ham to the tortilla.