- 8 apricots
- 6 egg whites
- 100 gr. icing sugar
- 2 trays blackcurrants
- 1 bunch mint
- 50 gr. sugar
- Physalis (Cape gooseberries)
- Heat half the blackcurrants in a saucepan with sugar. When they start to sweat, blend, strain and reserve in refrigerator.
- Beat the egg whites with100 gr of sugar till they form stiff peaks. Add chopped mint leaves, some Cape gooseberries (quartered) and a few blackcurrants. Mix well.
- Hollow out the apricots with the aid of a spoon and fill each with the egg-white mixture. Bake for 12 minutes at 180ºC until meringue is cooked.
- Serve with blackcurrant sauce.
You can serve with custard or fruit sauce. You can also cook the meringue lightly in boiling water and serve on a fruit salad.Muscat Pedro Ximenez.