Spring is a good time for miso soup as it is in tune with the season. Light, and mineralizing and helps with detoxifying and mobilizing the energy we have accumulated over the winter
- 1 leek 1 carrot
- 5 fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bowl of watercress
- 150 gr of silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon of miso mugi
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine
- 1 tablespoon of tamari
- 1 piece of Kombu seaweed about 5 cm
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 piece of ginger about 7 cm
- Chop the leeks and carrots and slice the shiitake.
- Poach the leeks, carrots and mushroom with ½ tablespoon of sesame oil, a tablespoon of water and a tablespoon of rice wine.
- Allow the alcohol to evaporate and concentrate the flavors. Add 1.5 liters of filtered water the tofu cut into cubes and the Kombu and let it simmer.
- Add a tablespoon of tamari sauce and dilute a tablespoon of miso mugi in a little hot stock and incorporate it into the soup.
- Remove from the heat grate the ginger to extract the juice then add it to the soup.
- To serve, place some water cress on the bottom of the bowl and serve the soup over it.