- 1.2kg medium sized potatoes, peeled
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, sliced
- 75g salted butter, diced
- 3tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp. crème fraiche
- 50g watercress, chopped
- Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes until tender, adding the pear about 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Drain. Then mash into the pan. Add the butter, seasoning and the milk.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the crème fraiche and watercress together for 5 minutes. Blend in a food processor and season.
- Fold into the mash and grind over some pepper.