- 250 g sweetcorn
- 100 ml light Pilsner style beer
- 20 g fresh parsley
- 10 g fresh mint
- 10 g fresh chervil
- 10 g French orégano
- 4 medium sized turnips
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 75 g macadamia nuts
- 1 L mineral water
- Extra virgin olive oil and butter
- Saffron strands
- Salt and white pepper
- Place the water and beer in a saucepan along with the saffron strands and salt. When the liquid comes to the boil, add the sweetcorn and cook for 15 minutes. Strain, cool and reserve.
- Choose the greenest leaves and remove the stalks of the parsley, mint, chervil and oregano, and dry out in the microwave. You need to dry them slowly at 20 second intervals on full power. In between, mix the herbs well to stop them sticking and burning. When they are completely dry, blend in a coffee grinder until they form a green dust. Store in an air-tight container.
- Cook the peeled turnips in salted water for 10 minutes. Cool using cold water, slice them lengthways and reserve.
- If you have a Thermomix, blend 300g of peeled and diced apple with a little butter and salt for 5 minutes at a slow speed on the maximum temperature. When it i; cooked, add 50g of macadamia nuts and blend every thing together for a further 3 minutes at the highesl speed. Put the resulting puree through a fine sieve and adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Finally, choose a few attractive mint leaves.
- Warm the apple and macadamia puree in the microwave. Heat up the sweetcorn with a knob of butter in the microwave, and when it is piping hot mix in the herb dust.
- In a frying pan with a splash of oil, brown the slices of seasoned turnip.