- 1 large turnip
- Water for boiling
- 3cm piece of kombu seaweed (same as for the dashi)
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 3 tbsp water
- Peel the turnip and cut into pieces of about 4cm.
- Bring to the boil in a saucepan. (45 min approx)
- When tender is add the kombu seaweed.
- When the water returns to the boil, turn off the heat and let stand 8-10min.
- Presentation: Serve hot turnip with the sauce on top. Usually 2 pieces per person.
Ideal as side dish or first course.