- 1 duck liver, about 600 gr.
- 12 dried figs
- 2 tablespoons Port wine
- 1 glass of cognac
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 pinch of cinnamon mixed with pepper, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 gr. pepper
- Soak the duck liver overnight in the fridge with water mixed with milk. Next morning, dry the liver and let it warm to room temperature. Remove the central vein and reserve.
- Prepare a marinade with the rest of the ingredients and soak the figs in it for an hour. Place half the liver in a bow, cover with figs and then top with the other half of the liver. Press lightly and cover with marinade for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Next day, bake the terrine at 160ºC for 40 minutes. Remove the terrine from the oven, press down with a weight so that excess fat is removed. Keep in the fridge and serve with fruit or nut bread and onion chutney.
You can also use sweet wine in the marinade. You can clean the liver by soaking it for 25 minutes in salted water, which means you wont have to soak it overnight in water and milk.