- 1 jar of medium-sized artichokes
- 200 gr. “queso fresco”, or mozzarella-type cheese
- 1 tray of wild strawberries
- 100 gr. strawberries
- 100 gr. sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Open the jar of artichokes and wash them under running cold water; steam for 2 minutes with lemon water to remove the taste of the liquid the artichokes were preserved in.
- Remove from steam and serve with quenelle of cheese and a dollop of sauteed strawberries. To saute the strawberries, prepare a syrup by melting sugar over a low heat; add strawberries and finely chopped wild strawberries and add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Remove from heat and reserve. Allow to cool before serving.
You can serve the artichokes with foil-cooked fish (en papillote) or with a grilled chicken breast.Intense cherry-colored wine made from the Cabernet Sauvignon that displays intense aromas with hints of pepper and ripe fruit and soft notes of candied fruit and subtle touches of fine wood. Meaty and flavorful on the palate with the ripe notes of this variety. For example, Fernandez de Arcaya Reserva 1997 from D. O Navarra.