- 4 soft shell crabs
- 1 ripe mango
- Tempura flour, 300 grams
- 300 milliliters of very cold sparkling water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- Sunflower oil
- 1 chilli (optional)
For the sauce:
- Use a blender to puree the mango, soy sauce, ginger and chilli.
Prepare the tempura:
- Gradually add the sparkling water to tempura flour until it takes on a creamy texture, neither too light nor too thick.
- Cut the crab into four or eight pieces and roll in the tempura.
- Heat the oil to 180ºC and fry the crabs in batches so that the oil does not lose its temperature.