- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 500g snails
- Half a glass of white wine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- Half a glass of vinegar Sea salt
- Thoroughly clean the snails and add them to a saucepan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the water, clean them and return them again to the boiling water – this time to a with a sprig of laurel and some peppercorns, and cook for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, sauté finely chopped onion and garlic and green pepper until brown. Then add the glass of white wine and the cooked snails. Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for about 15-20 minutes over a very low heat.
- Add a handful of chopped parsley when serving.
To clean the snails steep them in a bowl of water, salt and vinegar for about 20 minutes. Change the water and repeat until they release all the mucus. Then rinse with water repeatedly.