- ½ kilo of snails
- ½ clove of garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the snails thoroughly one by one. Make sure that they are all alive: put them in warm water for a few minutes. If they don't peep out, discard them.
- Peel the garlic and wash the mint leaves. Crush in a mortar. Reserve.
- Warm the oil in a low saucepan or paella pan over a low heat. Add the snails to the pan before it heats up. Cover and increase the heat gradually.
- When the snails have left their shells, put the heat up and uncover. They will cook in their oen juices. When "dried out", add the crushed garlic and mint.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and ground pepper and serve.
Depending on the heat, the pan and the type of snail, cooking times may vary.