- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 eggplants
- 1 spring onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 240g cream cheese
- 100ml cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Roll out the puff pastry in a pie dish and prick with a fork. Cover with greaseproof paper, place a weight on top and cook in the oven at 180 º for 10-20 'or until it turns golden brown.
- Prick eggplant scorch on the stove, turning them as you go so they are evenly scorched and soft. Once cool, remove skins and finely chop.
- Mince the onion and garlic and sauté over a low heat with a little oil until golden brown.
- Mix the eggplant with the onion and garlic, egg yolks, cream cheese and cream. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and add a pinch of nutmeg.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt. Fold them into the mixture and mix gently.
- Fill the quiche base with this mixture, and bake in oven at 170 º for 25 minutes or until done.
Can be eaten hot or cold