- 2 cans baby eels
- 8 dried hot peppers
- 25g raw hazelnuts
- 25g blanched almonds, raw
- 2 slices dry bread (from the day before)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 ripe vine tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 50ml cider vinegar
- On a baking sheet or tray, arrange the bread slices, garlic cloves, halved tomatoes and nuts. Bake at 190 º until the ingredients are well toasted. Remove the ingredients as they are done, first the nuts, then the bread, garlic and the tomatoes. The process from start to finish should take about 20 minutes.
- While the ingredients are toasting, soak the peppers in warm water.
- Blend the toasted ingredients with the peppers and a drizzle of olive oil, which you should pour in gradually, until you have a thick, orange cream. You can thin it out by adding some water used for soaking the peppers.
- Season with salt and add the vinegar. Strain until you have a smooth sauce.
- Lightly sauté the canned baby eels. You can also serve them at room temperature. Serve with a dollop of romesco sauce.
You can reduce the romesco with vegetable stock or water to make a cold romesco soup. Serve in a shot glass accompanied by toast with eels.