- 3 fresh organic beets
- 100g organic mato
- The skin of one lemon finely grated
- 20g extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the beets in plenty of water then put them in a saucepan bring to the boil then allow to simmer for 45 minutes (the time depends on the size of the beets).
- Once they are tender in the center remove from the heat and allow to cool in the same water.
For the mato
- Place the mato in a bowl and add the grated lemon peel, oil salt and a little pepper, mix until it has bonded together.
- With the help of a pasta cutter peel and slice the beet so it forms circles which will be used as the ravioli.
- Use one piece of ravioli as a base and place a teaspoon of mato in the center and cover with another piece of beet ravioli.
- Continue this process until the mato has finished. Take the left over beet, mix with a little water and heat making a liquid soup then using a blender turn into a puree.
- Place a little puree on each plate then add the ravioli and season with a sprinkle of Hawaiian black salt.