- 800 gr. foie (fresh duck liver)
- 25 gr. sugar
- 75 ml. Pedro Ximenez or similar sweet wine
- Black pepper
- De-vein the duck liver foie and soak for 20 minutes in ice water with a handful of salt.
- Dry the foie, sprinkle with salt, pepper and sugar, and put whole pieces in an oven-ready terrine (you can also blend the liver for a creamier texture).
- Add the sweet wine and bake in the oven at 120ºC for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
You can buy the foie already de-veined. Add sliced black truffle to the terrine to enhance the flavor.