- 1,5 kg pumpkin (net weight after peeling)
- 2 courgettes
- 600 g porcini mushrooms
- 300 ml of mineral water
- 50 g of brown rice
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Bring the 50g of Brown rice to the boil in the 300ml of mineral water whit salt and a splash of oil. Cover and cook on a very low heat for 45 minutes, then set aside.
- Liquidize the pumpkins flesh, straining it firstly through a very fine sieve, and secondly through a cheesescloth. Bring the boil, season with a little salt and pepper and reserve.
- Gouge out balls from the courgette with a scoop , or else cut the courgette into small cubes .Blanch in lightly salted water for 30 seconds, and then drain, refresh with cold water and reserve .
- Wash the porcini mushrooms well and cut them into even slices. Little oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in 190 oven for 5 minutes.
- Divide up the rice between the bowls and arrange the blanched courgette balls and the porcini mushrooms straight from the oven on top.
- Serve the piping hot clear pumpkin broth at the table, as if it were a clear soup.
Ginesta de Parés Baltà – D.O. Penedès Polish Hill Riesling de Grosset – Clare Valley (Austràlia)