- 300 gr. of finely ground whole wheat flour or mix 200 gr. whole wheat flour with 100 gr. white flour
- 20 gr. of fresh yeast (available in bakeries) or half packet of dry yeast diluted in warm water
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Half teaspoon salt
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 200 gr. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Maldon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- If using fresh yeast, put it in a bowl with two tablespoons of flour, a teaspoon of brown sugar and half a glass of warm water. Stir and let sit until it increases in volume and becomes foamy.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining flour, the dissolved yeast and olive oil. Dissolve the salt in a glass of warm water and add it in. If using dried yeast, mix it directly with all the flour and gradually add the remaining ingredients – there´s no need to dissolve it. For perfect fermentation, don't let the salt come into contact with the yeast. Add salt only after mixing the flour with yeast.
- Begin adding warm water little by little till you have a soft dough that doesn't stick to your fingers.
- When the dough is malleable, take it to the floured work table and start kneading for about 10 minutes, beating it against the work surface from time to time..
- Form the dough into a ball, cover with a clean, dry dish towel at room temperature and let rise in volume. Ensure that there are no drafts. When it has doubled in size, it's ready to roll.
- Meanwhile, soak the tomatoes in hot water. Once they've softened, drain and chop.
- Flour a work surface. Roll out the dough and add chopped dried tomatoes. Knead to mix them in well. Form a loaf and let stand for one hour.
- Before rolling out the dough, preheat the oven to the maximum temperature. When hot, spread the dough on the grate and bake for 5 minutes. Remove and turn.
- Make little dimples in the dough with the help of a knife handle and insert the pieces of garlic, tomato halves and rosemary.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano, a few flakes of Maldon salt and pour over a splash of olive oil.
- Return the dough to the oven and cook until the surface turns golden brown, 5-8 minutes more should be enough. Before serving, give it another splash of virgin olive oil.
Cut the pizza bread in sticks, brush with spicy olive oil and bake till crispy.