- 1 leek
- 1 carrot
- 2 dried shitake mushrooms.
- 1 strip of wakame seaweed.
- Barley miso (mugi miso).
- Cut leek and carrot in slices. Cut seaweed with some scissors in small chunks, cut shiitake in very small pieces with a sharpened knife.
- Put all vegetables in a pot with a litre of water and bring to boil.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. When the soup is nearly done, reduce the flame and add a teaspoon of miso per person, dissolving it previously with some soup.
- Bring the flame to maximum until the soups begins to boil again. Serve with some chopped scallions.