- 2 or 3 aubergines
- 1 ripe tomato
- ½ small onion
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (you can replace it with tahini)
- Juice of 1 or 2 lemons
For the crudités:
- 1 endive
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- Roast the eggplant in the oven or directly over a naked flame (for a smoky flavor)
- Peel the eggplants and set aside in a sieve to lose excess water and cool.
- Peel tomatoes, remove seeds and cut in regular segments. Peel the garlic, remove the stalk and chop. Cut the onion into juliennes and chop the parsley.
- Once the eggplants are cool, mix with above ingredients and yogurt.
- Blend all together and dress with lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil until you have a creamy paste. Reserve.
- At the last minute, peel and chop vegetables and arrange the crudité sticks on a platter or in bowls. Serve with melitzanosalata.