- 1.5 kg. mussels
- 1 onion
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bay leaves
- 1 dl. water
- 2 dl. vinegar
- Olive oil
- Peel the onion and cut into julienne strips. Peel the garlic and slice. In a hot pan, saute the onion with oil, pepper, bay leaf and garlic. When the onion is tender, add the paprika, water, vinegar, salt to taste and simmer over a low heat about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean the mussels, scraping the shells to remove any grit and discarding those that are open and smell. Allow them to open them in plenty of boiling water, removing them quickly at the first sign of opening. Reserve.
- Add the mussels to the marinade (above), bring to the boil and remove from heat.
- When the marinade has cooled, cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator for 1 day.
- Serve at room temperature, decorated with a little paprika, parsley or chives.