- 8 150g mackerels
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Rosemary blossom
- Thyme blossom
- Oregano blossom
- 1/2 l. olive oil
- 200 ml. white wine vinegar
- Black peppercorns
- Clean and fillet the mackerel.
- Saute thinly sliced carrots and julienned onion, whole garlic cloves, peppercorns, and herb blossoms over a medium heat.
- When the vegetables are softened, remove from the heat and add the mackerel fillets. Immediately add the vinegar. The oil should not be too hot while doing this.
- Once you’ve added the vinegar, remove the mackerels with the aid of a skimmer. Otherwise, they’ll be overcooked. Allow the mackerel and the marinade to cool.
- When both are chilled, add the mackerel to the marinade again. You can serve the mackerel immediately or hot.
- Serve the mackerel with a few tablespoons of marinade and decorate with fresh aromatic herb blossoms.
You can serve this marinade with a salad of lettuce leaves. Another more time-consuming option would be to prepare a rabbit stuffed with prunes in a marinade of aromatic flowers.Aromatic wine with intense aromas and a fine balance between acidity and exotic touches. Persistent in mouth, with body. For example, Raimat Chardonnay 2008 from Bodegas Raimat made with Chardonnay of D. O. Costers del Segre.