- 60 gr. wild rice
- Olive oil
- 1 Peach, chopped in cubes
For the leak and potato soup.
- 500 gr. Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 300 gr. Leeks outer green leaves removed, then finely sliced and chopped
- 1 sweet onion finely sliced and chopped
- 20 gr. Margarine
- 1l. Of vegetable bouillon
- Salt and white pepper.
- 600 gr. ripe peaches peeled and chopped
- ½ a stick of a vanilla pod opened and deseeded
- 60 gr. fructose
- 10 gr. vegetable gelatin or agar-agar
Creamed leek and potatoes
- Heat the margarine in a casserole dish then add the leeks and onion, and allow it to sweat on a low heat until soft. Then add the potatoes.
- Cover with the vegetable bouillon and let it boil for 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Then put through a blender and strain it, add salt and pepper to taste, allow it to cool then place in the refrigerator.
- Put the peeled and chopped peaches into a pan with the fructose and the vanilla. Cover with cling film and simmer on a VERY low heat for 1 hour.
- Drain the peaches keeping the juice and blend the pulp through the mixer.
- Fill a silicone semi-spherical mould (3cm) with the peach purée and freeze.
- Mix 200gr. Of peach juice with the vegetable gelatin or agar-agar and boil.
- Then lower the temperature to 70º.
- With the help of a needle, burst and remove the silicone sphere and pour the peach juice over it three times. Then set aside.
For the puffed rice:
- Cook and drain the rice
- Then spread it over some baking paper and bake at 100 degrees until it has dried out.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the rice. Remove and place on kitchen paper and allow
- to cool.
Assembling the dish:
- Place the peach sphere in a bowl with the diced peaches on top and a small amount of
- puffed rice next to it with the leak and potato soup around it.