- 1 kg. kamut flour
- 2 medium cooked beets
- 100 gr. pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 gr. of baker's yeast
- 100 ml. sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a glass of warm water, dissolve the salt, yeast, honey and baking soda.
- Add flour until you have a smooth dough and let stand for one hour in a warm place.
- Mash the beets, add sunflower oil and mix gently with the remaining flour.
- Grind up half the pumpkin seeds and add to mixture.
- Now add in the dough and a little warm water to obtain a smooth even dough.
- Grease a pan with oil, sprinkle with flour, and pour in the dough, sprinkle with the remaining seeds and let stand for one hour.
- Bake at a medium heat for 45 minutes or prick with a needle or knife and it should come out hot and dry.
- Cool before cutting.
Make sure your oven is at the right temperature