- 250 g halloumi cheese * (or tofu)
- Olive oil
- Black pepper and pink peppercorns
- 1 / 2 teaspoon anise seeds
For the salad:
- 1 fennel bulb
- Half a small cabbage
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 cucumber
- 1 orange.
- Crush the anise seeds in a mortar. Mix with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and a little of both peppers.
- Cut the halloumi cheese into cubes (not too small or they will break up when pierced on by the skewers) and put them with the anise dressing. Stir well and add three cheese cubes to a skewer.
- Prepare the salad. Finely chop the fennel bulb, the red cabbage, cucumber and apple.
- Prepare a dressing with orange zest, orange juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt. Dress the salad.
- Grill the cheese skewers till golden-brown on all sides. Serve immediately with salad.
* Halloumi is a cheese from Cyprus, made of goat and sheep milk, and sometimes cow milk. Its most striking feature is that it does not melt in the heat like most cheeses, so it is suitable for grilling. You can find it at a store specializing in cheese or in a large supermarket . If you can’t find it or if you follow a vegan diet, you can substitute it with tofu.