- 12 artichokes
- 150g cured ham
- 200ml cream
- 50g blue cheese
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 sprig of laurel
- Clean the artichokes, scoop out the heart and cook then in boiling water with a bay leaf for about 10 minutes.
- Now bake them in the oven for 15 minutes at 190ºC. They should be well browned and crispy.
- At the same time, pop some of slices of ham into the oven until toasted, about 10 minutes, at the same temperature as the artichokes.
- Take the ham out of the oven and cool it on kitchen paper to absorb excess fat.
- When the artichokes are crisp serve them on a plate with crispy ham and blue cheese cream.
- Blue cheese cream: reduce 200ml of cream until it begins to thicken, then add blue cheese. Mix well, add salt & pepper and serve with artichokes.
To prevent the artichokes from darkening cooking, add one tablespoon of flour mixed with cold water and lemon juice tothe saucepan, bring to the boil, and then add the artichokes.