- 500 gr. pumpkin
- 200 ml. milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 200 gr. Black chanterelle mushrooms (also known as trumpets of death)
- 12 fresh calamari squid
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 chilli
- Olive oil
- Peel the pumpkin and slice into even sized pieces. Reserve.
- Put the pumpkin slices on a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil, half a vanilla pod and a glass of water. Cover the tray with aluminum foil and place in the oven at 190ºC for about 25 minutes. The time obviously depends on the size of the pumpkin.
- Pierce the pumpkin with a fork to make sure it is tender, drain, then remove the vanilla. Blend the pumpkin with a glass of milk till you obtain a smooth, even cream. Season and leave on a very low heat.
- While the pumpkin is cooking thoroughly, dry the mushrooms to remove moisture and fry in a tall saucepan with plenty of olive oil. Be careful to fry the mushrooms in small quantities because the oil is likely to splash. Fry the mushrooms for 2 minutes until very crisp. Then dry on paper towels and reserve.
- Saute the chopped squid with a drizzle of olive oil, chopped garlic clove and pepper for 2 minutes.
- Serve the pumpkin cream in a soup bowl with crispy calamari and mushrooms.
You can also blend the pumpkin with its own cooking water if you want to avoid using dairy products.Young red or white wine