- 1 small butternut squash (400/500gr)
- 4 organic chicken eggs
- 1 pinch of Szechuan pepper
- Salt flakes
- 1 Black Périgord Truffle
- Olive oil
- Peel and dice the squash, add pepper and boil for about 10 minutes – cooking time depends on the size of the squash. Once tender, put in blender with some of the cooking broth until you obtain a brightly colored smooth, even puree. Add salt to taste.
- Fry the eggs with a splash of olive oil until the yolk is still slightly runny. Then remove from the oil, add some salt flakes and cut up with scissors. Serve atop the puree.
- At the last minute, sprinkle the sliced truffle over the puree and egg.
Instead of egg, try adding potato chips cut into matchstick-sized pieces. Be careful not to overcook the squash or it will lose its bright orange color.