- 250 gr. sushi rice
- 2 fresh, peeled beets
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 sheets nori
- ½ cucumber
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 scallion
- Sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- 2 soft shell crabs
- Sunflower oil
- Rinse rice until the water runs clear. Cover and cook in 275-300 milliliters of water for about 20 minutes.
- Mix rice vinegar with salt and sugar and add to rice.
- Grate beets and mix with the rice.
- Cut the cucumber into sticks.
- Coat the crabs in potato starch and friy in hot oil. Cut into four or eight servings.
- Cut the nori in half, place on a mat (covered with plastic wrap) and top the rough side with rice, using wet fingers. Flip over, (the rice should be in contact with the mat). Place a stick of cucumber, some scallions and crab so that they cover the width of the nori. Roll up the mat to make rolls.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat until you run out of nori. With a sharp, moist knife, cut the rolls in eight or six pieces. Serve with soy sauce.