- 250 gr. organic carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Half tablespoon coriander
- 220 gr. natural or smoked tofu
- Olive Oil
- Wash the carrots and steam or boil until tender. Remove excess water and puree.
- Peel and chop the onion into fairly small pieces and saute in two tablespoons of olive oil with parsley and coriander. Remove from heat and blend with the tofu to form an even dough.
- Mix this dough with the carrot puree and leave in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Take a spoonful of dough and shape it with wet hands into an elongated croquette shape. Do the same with the remaining dough.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan and fry the croquettes in batches or bake in the oven at 190ºC until golden brown.
For best results, try to remove excess fluid from the dough. Once you’ve mixed the tofu with the carrot puree, add the mixture to a large piece of gauze. Twist the ends, forming a ball. As you squeeze it, the liquid will drain away. This gives you a more compact dough that will be easier to shape into croquettes.