- 900 gr. of sweet potatoes
- vegetable oil
- 100 gr. sugar
- 1c. of toasted seseme seeds o black sesame
- Clean the sweet patato skin and cut in long sticks.
- Deep fry the sticks in vegetable oil for some minutes until light brown. (4 or 5 min)
- Drain on top of a rack to let the extra oil drop away.
- Combine the sugar and 2 tablespoons of water and let it boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Continue to cook without stirring and carefully swirling until it becomes light brown caramel color. ( 6 min)
- Pour the caramel over the patatoes.
- Transfer to non stick paper and decorate with some sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.