- 1 packet of tofu
- C/s soy sauce
- Bay leaves
- 2 carrots
- 1 slice of whole meal bread
- C/s olive oil
For the Caesar dressing:
- 125ml of soy milk
- 250ml sunflower oil
- 8 capers
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Cut the tofu into strips and place into a roasting tin with a little oil to prevent it from sticking. Bake at 180 degrees until golden brown. Take a quarter of the soya sauce and marinate the tofu in a bowl at room temperature.
- Peel the carrots and cut into slices then place on a roasting tin with a little oil to prevent them from sticking. Season and bake at 180 degrees until tender and lightly browned.
- Cut the bread into cubes and bake in a roasting pan at 180 degrees until golden
- With a minipimmer mix the soybean milk and sunflower oil then add the lemon juice, capers. garlic, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Blend until it resembles mayonnaise.
- Place some bay leaves around a plate then arrange the tofu and carrots and sprinkle on some bread crumbs and some Caesar sauce. Serve with a splash of olive oil and salt and pepper.
Obviously it is a lot healthier to bake the bread rather than fry it. The tofu is much tastier if you add the soy sauce when removing from the oven