- 200 gr. basmati brown rice
- 3 sheets of nori seaweed
- 80 gr. dried cranberries
For the dressing:
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shoyu (natural soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 piece fresh ginger root (about 1.5 cm)
- Cook the rice: first bring a pot of water to boil (same volume as the rice).In another pan, toast the dry rice. When the water starts to boil, remove the pan of rice from heat and pour the boiling water over it carefully. Reduce heat, cover and cook until water is completely absorbed. Remove from heat and cover and allow to stand for about 8 minutes.
- Cut up the strips of nori with scissors.
- Make the salad by mixing the cooled rice with strips of nori seaweed and dried cranberries.
- For the dressing, peel the piece of ginger root, grate it finely and mix with oil, rice vinegar and shoyu sauce. Stir before using. Serve with rice salad.