- 1 kilo of wheat flour
- 650 ml water
- 20g of fresh yeast
- 20g salt
- 20g sugar
- 150g sun dried tomatoes
- 40g of herbs de Provence
- 100ml virgin olive oil
- 4 -5 cherry tomatoes for the garnish of each pan
- The day before soak the sun dried tomatoes with the olive oil and herbs de Provence.
- Knead all the ingredients together in a bowl until it makes a dough (except the oil mixture with the sun dried tomatoes and the cherry tomatoes), At the start of mixing it advisable to use a bowl as its easier to handle, once everything has been mixed in well transfer to a work surface, continue kneading until you obtain a homogeneous, thin, elastic form. Remember to put flour on the work surface and the rolling pin because the dough is hydrated and can easily stick to your hands and surfaces.
- When kneading by hand, it is difficult to know when the dough is ready. The easiest way is by looking at its elasticity. Take a piece and stretch it and if there is a transparency to the sheet the dough it is ready. When the dough is smooth add the mixture of olive oil, sundried tomatoes and herb de Provence. Start kneading again until everything has blended in.
- Now cover with a cloth to prevent it drying out and allow it to rest in a bowl for 3 hours. After 1 hour double the dough up so that it gets stronger To do this you have to take your dough and extend it gently on your work surface then double it up as if it is an envelope. Put it back into your bowl and leave it for the rest of the 3 hours.
- Remove the dough from the bowl then punch it down on the table and with a pastry cutter divide it into ten pieces of 200g
- Now turn them into balls.
- Allow them to stand for 10 minutes on a cloth sprinkled with flour and cover with a cloth. Then, crush slightly.
- Preheat the oven. to 200 ° C. Do not forget to create humidity inside the oven, as this is essential if the crust is to look golden. To do this, place a few ice cubes in the bottom tray of the oven for a few seconds before baking.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and press them onto the loaves. Then place the loaves onto the baking tray and cook for 25-30 minutes, until you see the bread turning golden then paint the bread with olive oil.
The day before soak the sun dried tomatoes with the olive oil and herbs de Provence.