- 1 kg. Wheat flour half power
- 1 kg. Rye flour
- 1.7 Ltrs water
- s/c Fresh yeast
- Knead all the ingredients but setting aside approximately 700 gr of water and yeast.
- Let stand as if it were a natural sourdough for about 8 – 10 hours covered with a wet cloth.
- knead for a second time adding 700 gr of the remaining water and fresh yeast.
- Get slightly sticky dough that you leave to stand for one hour to divide and work correctly.
- After 60 minutes we divide the dough in pieces of 500 gr. forming a few bars by hand.
- Let ferment pieces about three/four hours approximately at ambient temperature and bake in in high heat turning the bread.
- Baked temperature must be high, at 240ºC for 30 minutes minimum.
This type of bread comes from areas where water is abundant like Galicia or North of Italy. It’s a very Mediterranean-style bread