- 15 baby carrots
- 90 g of chickpea flour
- 3 teaspoons mixed spice (cumin, cinnamon, cloves, ginger)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 50 ml of soy or oat beverage
- Olive oil
- Steam baby carrots for 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Mix the chickpea flour with spices, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the soy beverage and mix with a fork until you have a smooth batter.
- Dip the steamed carrots in batter and fry in batches in hot oil (be careful not to let the oil smoke). Drain on absorbent paper and serve with lemon wedges.