- 1 kg of chicken fillets cut into one inch bits
- Half red pepper deseeded and chopped
- Half green pepper deseeded and chopped
- 1 small hot chili chopped
- 3 lime leaves
- 1 stick of lemon grass
- 1 1/2 onions peeled and chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbls of yellow Thai curry paste
- 1 – 2 tbls of fish sauce
- 2 tbls of sunflower oil.
- Slowly fry the onion in a large heavy based pan until clear, push to one side.
- Add the chicken until lightly colored.
- Mix the peppers, chili, tomatoes, lemon grass, lime leaves with the chicken and onion stir well and add the yellow Thai paste and mix.
- Add the coconut milk and 1 teaspoon of fish sauce slowly bring to the boil and allow to simmer very gently for 1 hour. During this time taste and add more fish sauce if necessary.
- Serve with basmati rice.
This also works really well with lamb or beef.