- 400 gr. rice
- 500 gr. fresh tuna
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 100 gr. peas
- 2 onions
- 2 clove of garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 l. fish broth (made with tuna remains and bones) or water
- Virgin olive oil
- Saffron threads
- In a “paella” dish heat the olive oil and quickly brown the diced tuna making sure it’s still raw inside. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- In the same oil, sauté the onions, chopped pepper and minced garlic.
- When the vegetables are tender, add the grated tomatoes. Allow the juice to evaporate.
- Add the rice and stir well. Add the saffron and pour in the stock (approximately 1 liter).
- When it starts boiling, add salt to taste and the peas. After 5 minutes add the tuna and cook for 10 minutes then lower the heat to allow the rice to absorb the water.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving