For the meatballs:
- 500 gr. minced meat
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- A couple of sprigs of mint
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Egg
- 5 crackers or 2 slices of hard bread
For the sauce:
- 500 gr. tomatoes
- 2 peppers
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chop the garlic, coriander, parsley and mint.
- Soak the crackers or bread in water and crumble up the meat.
- Mix well with herbs, beaten egg, salt and pepper.
- Form meatballs using slightly damp hands.
- Peel the tomatoes. Cut into wedges.
- Remove seeds from peppers and cut into thin strips.
- Put the vegetables in a frying pan with oil, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, salt and 1 cup of water.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the meatballs.
- Cook another 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.