- 1 lamb shoulder, weighing approx. 900 g.
- 1 pork Durok raw sausage,150 g. approx.
- 50 mi. Brandy
- 500 mi. Mineral water
- 6 dozen cleaned snails
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 sprig ofthyme
Vegetables, chopped into little cubes:
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 cayenne peppers
- 1 leek
- 1 sprig of celery
- 2 garlic cloves
- 80 gr. Pork sausage diced ¡n small cubes
- Virgin extra olive oil
- Askthe butcherto bone the lamb shoulder and to putthe raw sausage meat ¡n the place ofthe bones. Ask him to tie the shoulder as ¡f it was a round of lamb, but stuffed with the sausage meat. It’s a very easy operation that can be done at home, you just have to cut along the 3 bones ofthe shoulder with a knife and sepárate them from the meat.
- Put the tied lamb in a oven dish, season it with care as the sausage already contains salt and pepper, and cook with with a splash of oil in a very hot oven at 190°C for 20 minutes.
- Remove the oven dish from the oven, sprinkle the meat with brandy and add Yi I. hot water. Put the dish back into the oven and cook for 45 minutes at 150°C. Turn the meat over every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the snails in a container with cold water to wake them up and to check that they all are alive. Cook them in a pot with abundant cold water. As it starts to boíl, strain them, change the water and put the pot back on the stove. When it starts to boíl again, skim the surface and add the bay leaf, thyme and a pinch of salt. Putthe lid on and let it cookon low heat for 40 minutes. Season to taste and check if the snails are tender or if it’s necessary cook them longer. Let them cool in the cooking water.
- In a big pan, sauté the chopped and seasoned vegetables with a splash of oil. Add the pork sausages and the well drained snails stirring with care to avoid breaking the snail shells. Add a ladle full ofthe snails cooking broth and let it cookjust 3 minutes. Reserve.
- Remove the rope from the round lamb flash, cut into thick pieces and place them back in the oven dish. Add the snails stew, stir carefully to join both sauces, season to taste with salt and pepper. Put it in the oven at 150°C for 5 minutes and it’s ready to serve.