- 600 g of lean pork fillets (secreto ibérico)
- 1 sheet of Nori seaweed
For the ginger sauce:
- 4 tablespoons of soya sauce
- 4 tablespoons of sake (or rice wine)
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger
- For the Shiitake mushrooms
- 8 Dried Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 ½ tablespoons of sake
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Allow the mushrooms to soak in cold water for 20 minutes. Drain and reserve the liquid. Remove and discard the stalks and put the heads in a pan with the reserved liquid and top up with water if necessary. Add the sake and bring to the boil. Simmer over a low heat for about 10 minutes with the pan half covered. Add the sugar and cook for another 5 minutes. Then add the soy sauce and cook until all the liquid has evaporated. Salt to taste, then, allow too cool.
- Ginger sauce: Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil then allow to simmer and thicken. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Just before serving heat up a nonstick skillet with a small amount of oil (as the meat contains a lot of fat). Put the meat into the pan and cook until it is slightly golden on the outside and pink and juicy on the inside.
- Take the meat off the heat and allow it to rest for a few minutes, then, thinly slice.
- Serve on a plate accompanied by a few mushrooms and the ginger sauce. Garnish with the Nori seaweed cut into thin strips.