- 8 red pear tomatoes
- 4 sea trout
- 400 gr. sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Olive oil
- Herbs to taste (dill, sage, basil)
- Cut each trout fillet lengthwise and roll them up, then skewer and set aside.
- Peel and dessed the tomatoes and add to a saucepan with sugar and open vanilla pod. Simmer over a low heat for 45 minutes, until the tomato caramelizes. Reserve.
- Grill the trout fillets on a flat top grill for 3 minutes on each side with a pinch of salt and very little olive oil. Then sprinkle with herbs and serve atop the tomato.
- You can ask your fishmonger to remove all bones from the trout. But give them another look yourself to make sure none remain.
Use a fish bone tweezers to remove bones. Remember, you can blanch the tomatoes to make peeling easier. You can prepare the tomato confit in larger quantities and keep it for future dishes, for salads, to accompany cheeses, etc..