- 80 gr. soy meat (TVP)
- 2 eggplants
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion (about 120 gr.)
- 1 / 4 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons almond cream
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- Zest of one lemon
- Soak the TVP until tender. Drain well and chop with a knife until you have small pieces. Reserve.
- Peel the garlic and onion and chop into small pieces. Chop the red pepper into small pieces.
- Bring water to the boil or prepare a steamer. Cut the stems and ends off the eggplant and chop into quarters, and empty them out, making sure you keep the flesh to one side. Cook the emptied eggplants in boiling, salted water or steam for about 3 minutes. Removed and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mince the eggplant flesh and set aside.
- Heat oil in large frying pan and saute the garlic, onion and pepper with a pinch of salt for two minutes. Add the TVP, eggplant, a tablespoon of chopped parsley and soy sauce. Continue cooking over a medium heat stirring every so often. The aim is to obtain a dark mixtur.If it dries out, add a little water or stock, but just enough to prevent sticking.
- Once the eggplants are cooked, add the almond cream. Stir for a minute and remove from heat. Heat the oven to 180 º C.
- Fill the eggplant shellls with the mixture and cover each with a mixture of ground almonds, lemon zest and the remaining chopped parsley. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until you have a good gratin.
You can add your favorite cheese. If it’s a soft cheese, you can add to the filling and if it’s hard, add to the topping.